Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July flag nails

Happy 4th of July everyone!  To celebrate this holiday and show a little patriotism, I painted these flag nails...
























When the nails are put together, they make the American flag!  These  are really cute and patriotic nails, but they were a little more hard and time consuming than some of my other nail designs because of stripes I had to draw on most of my nails.  To paint these, I used a base coat and painted all of my nails white, even the ones that I was going to paint blue, because I find that when I use a darker color straight on my nails, it leaves a little tint of that dark nail polish on when I take it off.  After that, I painted my index finger on my left hand, and pinky finger on my right hand blue, because when I put my fingers together on each hand, the stars will be on the correct part of the flag.  Then, I painted red stripes using a precision brush on the rest of my fingers, and stuck on some star stickers on my blue fingers.  Finally, I sealed it off with a top coat.  Hope you liked my design!  Have a fun 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment