Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ducky Nails


I'm back with a new design on my nails!...

It's ducky nails with bubbles!  And it's cutepolish-inspired (again) :).  If you haven't been keeping up with my blog, than you might have not heard of cutepolish.  I love her designs!  She does nail art and posts her tutorials on youtube.  This is such a cute and easy design!  At first when I saw it, I thought it would be a hard design to paint, but it turned out to be great and one of my favorite designs yet!  I used my dotting tools to make these neat marbleized bubbles.  First I painted my nails with my Nail RX base coat, then I painted my nails with Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in "Lush Lavender".  I used my dotting tool number 3 and dipped the large end in  yellow nail polish (I used Ice in "Excuse Me") and made the duck.  Then I dipped the small end of the dotting tool in some orange polish (I used Sinful Colors in "Courtney Orange") and made the beak.  I used the same small end of the dotting tool and dipped it in some black polish and made the eye and then the center of the eye with black polish (I used Wet n' Wild).  For the water and bubbles I dipped the large end of the nail dotting tool in some blue, (Sinful Colors in "Love Nails") aqua, (Monster High in "Lagoona Blue" or "Aqua") and white (Wet n' Wild) and tapped on some dots.  I finished off with Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat.  You can visit cutepolish on youtube for a good tutorial on this (I changed her duck design a little bit)... type in "cutepolish duck". :)

1 comment: