Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Monthly Nails + Pick of the Month - June

Hi, everyone!  Well, the year is half way over!  I really can't believe it went by that fast, but, that means it's time for another "Monthly Nails"!  This time I have four different polishes to show!  So, lets get started...
















The first is Essie "Play Date".  It was a really pretty color.  It took two coats to make it opaque, but it wasn't very streaky.  Nice wearing time and a good polish overall.
















The next one is a Revlon Scented polish (not much of a scent) in "Mad About Mango".  I thought it was pretty good.  I'm not sure if this was two coats or one.  I think it was pretty similar to the regular line of nail polishes Revlon has, just a very slight scent of mango which kind of disappears after the top coat.
















This one is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Mint Sprint".  I'm not a big fan of this line of nail polishes.  I usually enjoy Sally Hansen nail polishes, but the Insta-Dri formula dosen't work great.  The color was pretty and not too terribly streaky, but it did not last long on the nails before chipping.
















The last one is Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in "Peaches and Cream".  These polishes are supposed to be used without a top coat, which I thought was kind of neat and time saving.  However, I had a problem with it taking a very long time to dry, so I got a few smudges before it completely hardened.  While the color was very pretty, I didn't think the nail polish worked very well.  It went on very streaky, and even after two coats it was very hard to even out.  It started chipping fairly quickly, too.

So... for the Pick of the Month, it goes to... Essie "Play Date".  I really enjoyed the color, and the nail polish worked fairly well.

I hope you all enjoyed this long post and please don't forget to leave a comment telling me your thoughts!  As always, don't forget to follow my blog for more updates!

2 comments: